Thursday, 8 October 2009

Festival of lights



I Ponder…

I fly...

I sulk…

I smile….

No more contemplating “The Why”

I reach out

With my voracious clasp

To the screaming spirits...

Convulsing beneath the abyss...

Trying to behold

In the Scorching Fizz….

I uproot them and scatter

Beyond the yonder skies...

And then..! What do I see...?

My Landscape so bright...

I look up and wonder…

My spirits shining high...

I Thank…

I relish...

I fathom...

I ravish…

“The Festival of lights”.

6 comments:

ajay.rao said...

Hi preeti.
I had stopped lighting creckers a long back.
Reading your this piece of work, I felt as if I'm watching a colorful flowerpot :)
The festival spirits is very contagious :)
But I'm not complaining :)

Akshay said...

I stopped bursting crackers four years ago. It's a nice post. The festive spirit is indeed very contagious and I'm not complaining as long as we enjoy the positive sides of the festive season. :D. Very well-written.

priya said...

:)

Preeti Venkateshan said...

Thanks to all :)

PoeDes said...

i remember when you wrote about the festival of lights and also the wonderful pictures you posted at the time.
Another wonderful write of yours!

Preeti Venkateshan said...

Thanks Tina :)