Monday, 31 August 2009

Death Wish




Thoughts detonate
In my whims...
Like a drop of light in grim

I Flutter
With a pair of wings
In the morning sun
And vanish

I sulk
In the fabric of darkness
Into which I dissolve
And vanish

I ponder
over emptiness
beneath those walls
of four dimensions

I plunder
Deep into my roots
The less it seems
I shall ever know….

I trivialize
Our tiny lives,
flame the dreams
behind those fiery screams
swallowing worlds
And spitting out steams

I wander,
In the realms of my past...
In the closet of my present...
In the epitome of my Future...
Seen, done and wasted...
Making a Death Wish.


Preeti Venkateshan

6 comments:

ajay.rao said...

Hi Preeti. welcome back to the blog world. As usual you have done it again :) The first thing a disheartened person would do is to peep in to his/her mirror image of life. you have used the 4th dimension to its perfection, Preeti. I too some times would like to minimise the unpleasent things which comes accross. But, no death wish.
Keep writing.
Have wonderful days ahead

santhosh said...

Hey preethi, well very sweet n small poem with lots of powerful word n thoughts...its really a gift that u can scribble ur imagination in words...keep it up..good work..do keep writing

priya said...

well penned......

Tanha Ajmeri said...

So Preethi, another one from you written in your own inimitable style... the streak of pessimism refuses to go. Nice for a poet to have such a defense mechanism so that nothing can astonish you or hurt you. Good good. I remain your fan..
Tanha Ajmeri

Rakesh said...

I wander,
In the realms of my past...
In the closet of my present...
In the epitome of my Future...
Seen, done and wasted...
Making a Death Wish.
wow
nice potray of life
wid gud emotional coloring ....nice

Preeti Venkateshan said...

Thanks so much:)