Monday, 19 January 2009

Alive...Am I?

The Lightening stroke…
Down on my surface
I felt a moment of sharp pleasure

I watched the blood cascade…
I did it…don’t know why…
I wanted to drown in tranquility
Detonate into darkness
Perish….
But feeble shivers down my spine
Enchanted by the pervading blood…
Let out a scream….
I gazed at the trail of immaculate red…
Going down my wrist…
Wetting my Bed
The Journey seems endless…
I am confused…
I can still see myself
Drenched…
My eyes are sinking into tears

My heartbeats retard with fear…..
My spirits float high..

Higher than the sky....
& Then....I heard...
Surprise!! Surprise!!!!
My Vicious Fate whispered..
You are not Dead…

5 comments:

ajay.rao said...

Hi preeti,
Congrats for coming out with yet another striking post. It surely is not abstract. An abstract work has limitations according to me. Take for example M.F. Hussain's paintings. ( I can not understand 95% of his works. Thats secondaty ) A person is compelled to take the work in the manner the artist directs its viewers to. If not It may lead to vast misunderstandings. But a poetry is open for interpretations. A reader is free to take it as he would interpret it. So its universal.
I'm not a critic nor a writer. Hope I have made myself clear.
Keep writing.

Suraj said...

Truly insightful...
Feels raw, written without a second thought. Refreshing change from your previous 'greats'.

Madhumitha said...

The way the poem has been written is very appealing.I read it twice not because I didn't understand but that both the time I found different man behind those words.The first time gave me a disgusted feeling towards the person who uttered those line but the second time made me think if he was the victim.I know that if I read it again ill come up with another view.This is the talent of a poet and a painter.They convey art and leave the retrospection to its reader and viewer respectively.
-Keep Smiling
-Madhu

priya said...

really touching......loved every word......

Preeti Venkateshan said...

Thank you so much :)