Friday, 19 December 2008

Problems..

Look! I heard them pour
On the roof with a feeble uproar
Cascading the tiny gaps of the door
Into my mind, away from the shore.

They boiled hotter brimming with doubt.
I wondered what all the chaos was about
They told me they were my problems
And were waiting for a chance to sprout.

I wondered with utmost amaze
Is this my life or just a phase?
I smiled and said “Be my guest”…
Stay for long, this is your nest…

They were more than happy to stay
They troubled me indeed everyday
But I smiled with having nothing to say…
Rather than seeking Mirth,
With them I started to play.


5 comments:

ajay.rao said...

Bingo.
The essence of art of living is conveyed in the last two lines.
Three cheers Preeti.

Deepak said...

"I wondered with utmost amaze
Is this my life or just a phase?
I smiled and said “Be my guest”…
Stay for long, this is your nest…"

Loved these lines specially...i felt as if...
your mind popped out of your body and pasted itself on the paper...

priya said...

very mature writing...nice one again....

Rakesh said...

its nice

Preeti Venkateshan said...

Thank you all :)